Price: 239,000 Euros
Lovingly Refurbished Detached House
For sale, a well-proportioned, spacious 4 bedroom family home has been lovingly refurbished and updated throughout by the present owners, retaining original character features. Built over three levels with an additional two storey annexe/workshop attached. The property is constructed of brick and Italian Maiella stone with rendered exterior, under a newly constructed, fully insulated, laminate timber and tiled roof. The property is approached by a concrete driveway with concrete parking area.
The property benefits from partial, bespoke, double-glazed windows with original internal shutters. In addition to the wood-burners, the property has partial central heating from a Combi gas boiler using LPG (1000 ltr sunken tank in side garden). Hot water is largely provided by the roof solar panel system with gas boiler backup.
- Farmhouse-style Dining Kitchenwith Carrara marble work surfaces throughout, Bosch appliances and Nordica wood-burning range cooker.
- Spacious Study
- External dining area
- 2nd Kitchen & Utility Room with deep sink.
- Ground floor shower room with low level toilet, bidet, wash hand basin and shower
- Covered external sitting/entertaining area
- Purpose-built Pizza/wood oven.
- Bedroom #1. Master bedroom with sun terrace with views over valley.
- Boiler room and storage area, accessible from terrace.
- Bedroom #2. Large Double bedroom.
- Spacious Family Bathroom with a white suite – hydro-massage bath, separate shower cubicle, low level toilet and bidet.
- Large Double Bedroom #3 with balcony
- Double aspect, Sitting Room with Nordica wood-burning stove. French doors to front and side balconies.
Third floor/Roof mansard
- Storage cupboards on half-landing.
- Large, ceramic tiled, reduced-height room, suitable for children’s play room or children’s bedroom..
- Store room under roof.
- Mains water (water meter).
- Mains Electricity.
- LPG gas from private tank.
- Independent modern drainage system.
Abruzzo is a region in Central Southern Italy often called “the green heart of Italy”. It is bordered in the west by the Gran Sasso and Maiella mountain ranges and in the east by the Adriatic Coast.
This spacious home is set in a rural area in the Sangro Valley, near to the old disused railway station of Isca D’Archi. The house sits in a quiet, secluded area, next to wooded countryside, in the hamlet of Isca D’Archi (a Contrada of only 6 houses), close to road links to the beaches of the Adriatic Coast (25 mins). Local shops in the town of Piane D’Archi (5 km – 3 miles) and the historic town of Bomba (5 km – 3 miles) with its picturesque lake.
The house is also situated 1hr from the ski resorts of Passo Lanciano and 1 ½ hrs from Roccaraso ski resort. The large town of Lanciano (30 mins). The Abruzzo Airport and the city of Pescara is 1 hr away by car (direct flights from London Stansted). The train network is accessible from Fossacesia on coast (25 mins). Easy road links to the North-South motorway (A14) and to Rome (A25) about 3 ¾ hrs by car.